Discov3ry Paste Extruder not running

I am using an Ultimaker 2+ with the Discov3ry 2.0 Paste extruder (and Cura 4.4.0). I have set up (what I think) is the proper print setup and material profile. I can “purge” the line just fine. When I go to run the gcode and print, the 2+ will go through the motions and draw out the lines… but the paste extruder is not moving at all. No sound of turning, no visible gear movement, nothing at all. Am I missing something in the code? not sure what is the problem :frowning:

Try using a lower version of Cura. We’ve heard some reports from other customers that there are some minor issues with the later versions of Cura. It is likely a simple procedural fix, but the quickest way to get you printing will be using the lower version of Cura while we look further into the issue.

any particular version you suggest?

Try version 4.1 and see if that works. If not, then try 4.0 or 3.6 (should definitely work with 3.6).

OK. I’ll try that. I’ll get back to you ASAP with feedback. Thanks.

I figured it out! It has nothing to do with the version of Cura, it’s in the Start gcode settings. Section E.1.6.k of the instructions states to put the following in the Start Gcode:
M320 ;allow cold extrusion
THIS IS INCORRECT
It should be the following:
M302 ;allow cold extrusion
Once I did that, the paste extruder functions just fine!
(update and you’ll be golden!)

Thank you for catching that! We will make the updates on our side.