Wanhao Duplicator 4S (Mighty Board/Replicator Clone) Integration

Can anybody help with info on wiring and configuring the Discov3ry for use with the Wanhao Duplicator 4S? I have two of the Discov3ry paste extruders which I purchased last year and cannot get them to work. When wired a instructed for a Mighty Board, all the stepping motor does is sit there and make noise without indexing. There doesn’t seem to be a complete treatment anywhere on the forum to get it running on the Mighty Board short of a video which mentions creating a add in circuit to change how the stepper driver functions. Is there a troubleshooting guide anywhere that lists noises, symptoms, test points, or things to try?

Thanks

Hi @Carbon!

Please check out the integration notes I have been making for the Flashforge Creator Pro. This is a clone of the Makerbot as is the Wanhao Duplicator.

Essentially, these machines do not have the stepper driver capacity to push the Discov3ry out of the box. This can be fixed with an upgrade to pololu DRV8825 stepper drivers (noting they have a different pin placement).

Andrew