Hi to everybody!
My name is Mariglen from Rome, Italy. I have recently bought Discovery and trying to connect it with my Mendel 3 3D printer(Rep Rap). After I have been assembling Mendel 3 and fixing it, I try to connect and fix Discovery extruder, but with no success.
First of all, I wire it up but I am not sure if it is correct or not. Discovery has 4 wires black, green, blue and red instead the colors of my 3D printer are different and are put in that order from the top: yellow, green, blue and red. I am showing you a photo of the duet and I would like to have your suggestions if there is something wrong.
Any suggestion is appreciated and helpful.
At the beginning I used Pronter Face to connect to the discovery, which it was impossible to find the discovery. Then, I jumped to Repetier that was able to find the discovery and communicate with it. Here, the problems come. The motor does not rotate and I have found that it is a problem of the speed of the motor, which I tried to increase it by taking many parameters into account. First, I decreased the ‘size of the filament’ but nothing. Second, I decreased the diameter of the nozzle and nothing. I use Cura and here there are some screen shots of the software parameters. I have not put any past into the syringe during the tests. I do not know if it effects them or not.
Finally, I increased the EEPROM of the motor with commands on Repetier. I tried many commands that I am attaching to you by changing the values of E into the command M92 E[….], but nothing anyway. I do not know what to do anymore. After I put all the commands I wait for the printer responding to me and to what I have understood the motor receives the current and I hear a clicking sound from the motor, but the gears are not moving. So, I do not know if there is a problem of high or low power to the motor. Here in the attached file, there are all the commands that I have inserted.